I’ve heard it referred to as “white sauce”, “yogurt dip”, “cucumber stuff”, but it’s proper name is tzatziki (za-dsi-ki). It tastes good with just about everything; on grilled chicken, fish, or veggies, with pita chips, or even as a dipping sauce for crudite. It reminds me of summer and is a staple at every big, fat, greek family gathering. The recipe below is incredibly easy to make and very healthy.
- 1 large english cucumber (they have less seeds than garden cucs)
- 1 17.6 oz container of non fat greek yogurt (Fage is my favorite)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely mined
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Using a box grater, grate your peeled cucumber into a wide, deep dish covered in cheese cloth.
2. Squeeze cucumber in cloth to remove excess juice.
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.