It’a funny how you tend to associate certain foods with different seasons. To me, this orzo salad screams summer. It’s simple to make and so delicious.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo
- 1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bundle of chopped scallions
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- handful of chopped basil
- zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook orzo according to package directions. Rinse with cold water to remove excess starch. Add chickpeas, scallions, tomatoes, olives, feta, and basil. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drizzle over orzo and toss to combine.